File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
The moose likes JSP and the fly likes French Character Issue Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of Java Interview Guide this week in the Jobs Discussion forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » JSP
Bookmark "French Character Issue" Watch "French Character Issue" New topic

French Character Issue

Sendhil Kumar S

Joined: Sep 15, 2011
Posts: 5

I have an issue, where the description field on the pages are not passing the French characters correctly to the servlet. On the pages were we have browse field which uses the multi-part form submit, the fields are not passing the French chars correctly.
But on the pages were we don’t use the multi-part form submit(browse field), the French chars are getting added to the DB correctly. This problem occured when we changed our server from Tomcat 5.5 to 6. Note : I have used the charset=utf-8.

Input : ÂâÀàÆæÇçÉéÊêÈèËëÎîÏïÑñÔôÛûÙù
and the
Output : ÂâÀà ÆæÇçÉéÊêÈèËëÎîÏïÑñÔôÛûÙù
this is the result am getting...!
Mark Jayvee Pabilonia

Joined: Jan 26, 2013
Posts: 1
please refer on these threads..
I agree. Here's the link:
subject: French Character Issue
It's not a secret anymore!