This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
I have a XSLT file that creates a HTML table. I have added a few rows and display a variable in them. Here's the relevenat code.
When I run the report the rows I added look fine except for the cells that are supposed to show the variables. The borders of those cells looks washed out not like the others. I an new to this if you could not tell and this is probably a beginner problem.
My advice would be - don't look at the XSLT to work out why the output doesn't look like it should. Look at the generated HTML. Play with that until you get the right look, and then work out how to get the XSLT to produce that output.
(I'd also recommend getting rid of all your <font> tags and using CSS for styling, but that's not your actual problem).
I am looking at the HTML and see that for the part that works the variable is shown as the value of the variable, while the one that does not work shows <FN:VALUE-OF select="26GaugeTotal" /> as the value. I am not real sure what namespaces are, but I am trying to access the fn namespace whlie inside a xsl loop namespace. Not sure if that matters. Here's the HTML
As far as all the font tags, this is a template made by another company, I am just modifying and with time constraints I just need for it to work for now.
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com