This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
I just migrate to Java7u15, NetBeans 7.3, JasperReports 5.0 and iReports 5.0.1.
I have only one problem.
When I generate a report in iReport or in my java application, the text under the barcode (barcode4j 2.1 from JasperReports) is present on the screen or in the generated PDF file but not when printed on paper.
I tried to clean and rebuild everything...no change.
I uninstall java7u15 and installed java6u41 then everythink works fine everywhere.
That's so bizarre that I think I must be misunderstanding something in your problem description. Let me see if I've got this all correct:
1. You create a PDF using Jasper Reports and Barcode4J under JDK 1.7. In the PDF viewed with Acrobat, you see a caption under the barcode, but when you print the PDF, the caption is gone.
2. You do the same thing with JDK 1.6, but now when you print the PDF, the caption prints as it displayed on the screen.
3. Other than the JDK, you don't change anything between these two cases. The versions of Jasper Report, Barcode4J, and any other supporting jars is exactly the same.
When you change JDKs are you also recompiling your code, and the Jasper Report jrxml file?
Joined: Feb 03, 2009
Is when I print from JasperView or iReport that the text Under the barcode is not on paper with java7 but present with java6
The generated PDF always contains the text and when I print from Acrobat the text is always on paper.
I tried everything. Recompile all (my application, jrxml files), partial recompile (only my application or only jrxml files) or keeping everything untouched.
Seems to me that the combinaison JasperReport, java7, barcode4j, JasperView generate that little bug...no text under a barcode when printing from the JasperView.
Ah, that makes more sense. I couldn't figure out how the Java version could affect what Adobe Reader did with a PDF. JasperView is a Java application, so that's more vulnerable to changes in the JDK. I would guess there is some issue with your new JDK retrieving fonts, and it may be more related to configuration than that particular version. You might see if you can change the caption font for barcode4j to something extremely generic, like Serif. I don't know enough about barcode4j to help you more than that though. You might try the Jaspersoft Community forums at http://community.jaspersoft.com/answers for more information.