What are the disadvantages of G1 Garbage collection a new feature of Java 7.
1. How to program(code) to use G1 feature of Java 7?
2. Can it be used for small heap sizes?
3. What is the maximum heap size that can well work with G1?
4. G1 being a non real-time garbage collector - Does this mean that developers must be careful about 'something' when using G1?
5. What is the recommended pause time to set for G1 collectors?
6. As pet JDK adoption guide "It (G1) meets the set pause time target with high probability but not absolute certainty" - Any specific probability number which can be attached here, do we have any metrics for a combination of heap size and pause time against this high probability number which can help developers get an idea of how to practically use G1.
SCEA EE5, CSM, PMP, IBM OOAD with UML, SCDJWS, SCWCD, SCJP 1.5
subject: Disadvantages of Garbage-First Collector and some more questions on G1