I still feel very lost about WS-Security I have been to oasis site and every specification is a huge topic , how much in detail you have to know this part for the exam ?
On M.Z. notes WS-S is explained well but for my point of view it looks you have to memorize some terms without going to much in detail and I feel little uncomfortable with that,
my fear is to face a question placed in a different manner and feeling lost :-)
I have same feeling. Nevertheless, WS-Security from Java Web Services Up and Running book gives brief overview on this topic.
I am also trying to find a recently published book exclusively on this topic.
Let me know if you find any such good book.
Regards, Sujeeth Pakala
SCJP, SCWCD, SCBCD, ICAD, XML Master Basic, Certified SOA Professional
Joined: Jul 15, 2012
Hello Sujeeth thanks for repling, I was talking with another guy who told me to no worry too much about this exam
the question are intuitive and they dont go to much in detail about ws security, he is agree with me there is a lack of book done for the exam like Katherine Sierra for the SCJP that cover every details with question
at the end of every chapter, according to him web service exam is less tough than programmer.
I think my troubles comes from generics gaps in IT
Actually this is my approach
- read and read chapter 5 from Martin Kalin until i stik in my head concepts, same thing with Mikalain Zaikin
- memorize acronyms associatin with basic features
- read on from w3c concept like xml security, xml encryption , xml signature (with part is so tough for me)
- using Mikalain Zaikin questions, read his explanation and googling when is not enough
- I am using ucertify mock not good like enthuware but bettere than ePractize lab, lot of questions but very very expensive, unfortunately I cant copy and paste from the sw but if I have time I could pass some screeen shot with question and explanation
- I downoaded some specification from oasis but probably this is not necessary and could make only confusion
let me know
Joined: Mar 24, 2009
I agree this 1. exam is easier than programmar exam 2. No exclusive books like Head First series.
But I srongly recommend Java Web Services Up and Running book. I personally felt like, piece of cake om MZ notes after reading this book.
I also tried to understand the concepts just with MZ notes, but that is not enough and to be confident.
Remember that, having certification in your basket sets expectations high at your boss ;-). So, memorizing will work for exam but not in reality.
BTW, can you use UCertify online as well ? Possible to share some questions with me ?