Please if anyone knows how to install MongoDB drivers in Netbeans 7.3. do tell me how to do it
I want to write a program that connects the Mongodb with java.
So in netbeans when i type "import com.mongodb.Mongo;*" i get an error about unused import
Campbell Ritchie wrote:You're welcome I hope somebody here will know how to help you.
I presume you have seen these links:- 12 I am not sure whether you need to do anything special to use NetBeans.
A quintal of thanks to java ranch people here, for folks here have always provided novices like us with credible and quality information.
I am way past those two links that you have posted. Actually im signed up for the MongoDB for Java Developer Online Free Course by 10gen . But they are using ItelliJ IDE and i do not want to learn another new IDE so that's is why im having trouble finding relevant resource too.
I hope the authors have written books that relate MongoDB with Java because so far all you see is MongoDB implementation in python or ruby.
The 10gen folks are doing a great job as per se.
Hi Ashish.. I am also taking the same course and use Netbeans IDE. 10gen provides a maven project for all assignment templates for us to complete the Java programming parts. You can use the following steps to open the project in Netbeans:
- Open a New project (Files -> New project)
- Choose "Maven" from project categories
- Choose "Project with existing POM"
- Click "Next" and "Finish"
- It will prompt you to choose a folder. Choose the folder that contains POM.xml file and click on "Open project" button
- Maven will download all the dependencies. It might take a while if you are doing it for the first time and also depends upon your internet connectivity.