Issue is like this:
In all browsers and in all domains, pound symbol is showing up. In yahoo domain, pound symbol is not showing up.
an xml is taken and xsl is applied and a .html is generated and it is sent as mail.
Ive put some of required part of code("&163semicolon" is replaced by pound in following xsl.), I'm unable to trace what is the issue here.
I've tried with changing encoding="ISO-8859-1", to ISO-8859-15 and even tried with adding meta tag in html too. But didnt work.
One more point is: some other xsl with similar tags is used too for different xml, in that pound symbol is showing up properly in yahoo. The only difference in this xsl from the other one was encoding="" was missing. I added it here. Still didnt work.
I don't understand what "in yahoo domain" means. You mentioned browsers so am I correct in guessing that you are running this XSLT in the browser? If that's the case I don't understand where Yahoo comes into the picture. Could you explain how you are running it?
Paul Clapham wrote:I don't understand what "in yahoo domain" means. You mentioned browsers so am I correct in guessing that you are running this XSLT in the browser? If that's the case I don't understand where Yahoo comes into the picture. Could you explain how you are running it?
when a mail is sent yahoo.com (eg: firstname.lastname@example.org) pound is not shown. In other mails like email@example.com pound symbol is shown...... Email is sent from taking a .html content which is obtained from applying xsltransformation on xml.
There are two types of emails to be sent, there are two xsls that are applied on two different xmls to generate .html files. In one mail, pound symbol is showed properly. In other mail, pound symbol is not displayed in yahoo mail only (i.e in firstname.lastname@example.org) the same mail is showing pound symbol properly in email@example.com I'm stuck here, I don't know how to rectify it. Please help. Thank you
1. You use XSLT to generate some output which contains the British pound symbol.
2. You send that output via e-mail.
3. If it's a Yahoo e-mail address, then Yahoo messes up with the pound symbol.
I'm not surprised. I had a similar experience just trying to use the n-tilde character in Yahoo's mail list system. Those other domains are competent, but Yahoo gets it wrong.
To avoid the issue I would change your XSLT to output its result using US-ASCII as its encoding. This should cause everything except for basic ASCII characters to be output as character escapes. I don't know if that will work -- Yahoo still might manage to screw those up as well -- but it's worth a try.
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com
subject: Email: pound symbol is not showing in yahoo domain