I wonder if this question comes under this Heading.
Though i posting because i wonder where to ask the same.
I have the clients requirement where he has one DSC server which is used to get the GPS tracking device data by using tk10x protocol.
What i did....
1. Locally on my machine Windows7, i copied the tomcat distribution
2. Configure tomcat for managerial function.
3. Placed my war file of OpenGTS application which used to display these tk10x(DSC server) data and stored into mysql database.
4. Started the tomcat, execute the batch file for the running the DCS Server.(log show its started successfully.)
5. In my Application, i also register the IMEI numbers for various mobile phones which is used for the tracking purpose.
Now my configuration is all done locally.
But, Is it possible to get the remote server data by deploying application locally(as i did)?
OR, I have to deploy my application on my sever and configure for DCS Server or what?
Sorry about the stupid question!!!
But I'm confuse about these issues...