I just cleared my OCPJP 6 today with 91%. Although I answered some questions wrong and I really need to strengthen my knowledge, the score is well higher than I expected. The K&B books were perfect for the preparation, and when I found some specific topics confusing, this community has been very helpful. I'm now thinking to go on to the SE7 upgrade exam before I start forgetting what I've learned.
Here are my advice:
- Study carefully with two K&B books; Study Guide & Practice Exams. Make sure you are perfectly clear on every questions in self tests and practice exams.
- Test all the sample codes in the books by yourself, and do some extra coding to explore whatever small questions you may have.
- Make your own study notes in whatever format you like. Review it again and again. I made my notes using Excel and printed into PDF so I could always take it with me in my iPad.
- From my experience, you don't want to stay up late a night before the exam hoping for last-minute cramming. I was not 100% when I sat the exam.
- Don't drink three cups of coffee before the exam. Well, I had to leave the test center 40 minutes early before the exam time was over.
- Finally, don't be so nervous on the exam day. Knowing how many answers to choose makes questions easier than those in the K&B Practice Exams