This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
The project has recently been migrated from Maven to Ant and during sanity it is found that JSF pages are not being properly rendered. When the ear is extracted, it is found that the structure is intact.
JSF doesn't care how you build a WAR or EAR. Whether it's Maven, Ant, or MS-DOS batch files, it's all subject to the same J2EE standards.
Evidently your Ant conversion wasn't 100% faithful, so you're going to have to examine your EAR more closely.
One thing that I can think of regarding Ant is that I believe that it wants to create a web.xml file if you don't supply one. But I've never had that do anything other than display an annoying message when I did supply one.
An IDE is no substitute for an Intelligent Developer.
Joined: Jul 15, 2013
Thanks for the reply.
Found solution to my problem. We made some proprietary markings in our code, which is the root cause of all.
Now when they are deleted things are smooth again.