This week's book giveaway is in the Java in General forum. We're giving away four copies of Think Java: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist and have Allen B. Downey & Chris Mayfield on-line! See this thread for details.
• Responsible for designing, implementing and unit testing software for a Java-based server with a HTML+JS (Web 2.0) client for managing networking equipment using SNMP and related protocols, as well web and DB technologies including Hibernate, SQL, Apache, and more.
• Be an independent contributor of technical and functional input as well as robust code and design
• Help understand costumer needs and translate those to designs and implementation.
• Participate in the release cycle, QA support, bug fixing etc.
• Software designing
• Code writing
• Documenting all software issues like: features, how to and known issues.
• Testing the software on the related products.
• Fixing bugs and other software related issues
• Technical support for issues that are in the scope of the software.
• Participate in system level design meetings
• Bring new ideas to optimize software performance
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Troubleshooting skills
• Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
• Knowledge of various databases, including MySQL and Oracle
• Knowledge of security mechanisms and communications protocols including SNMP
• Superior knowledge of Java and basic Java libraries.
• Very experienced with user interface and user experience.
• Desirable: GWT (Google Web Toolkit)
• Desirable: familiar with network management applications
• Ability to provide innovative solutions for complex design problems
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent degree or experience
• Minimum 8 years of experience