Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question.
I'm running the 1.6 JDK on my Mac and can't seem to get the JDK to update to 1.7 for Eclipse. (I've downloaded the 1.7 JDK.)
I go to Preferences-> Java->Installed JREs. I select "Add" and copy the following directory, /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home but Eclipse can't seem to find it. Any advise?
1. Click on the apple in the top left of your screen to bring up your system menu. Select Software Update and wait patiently while your mac checks for updates from the apple servers. More than likely your mac will tell you that everything’s fine and there are no new updates for you.
2. Go back to eclipse and open the menu to select Preferences.
3. Navigate to Java and expand the arrow next to it.
4. Find Installed JREs and select it.
This is what the screen looks like when a JRE is properly located by Eclipse. I currently have the older version of Java installed. If yours doesn’t look like this, click Search… if nothing was found click Add…
5. Eclipse will ask you what kind of JRE you would like to add. Select Mac OS X VM and hit Next.
6. Click inside the white text area right before Directory… and type in the following location: