I have checked out the project using "Check out" option on the SVN branch. Now, when I am writing my code I am unable to see the autocomplete feature working on eclipse. I have tried numerous things but with no success. Let me name a few:
1) When I add the Project Facets --> Java to the project, all I can see is a bunch of errors in all over my code and then I get an error in my package declaration "The declared package "com.mercer" does not match the expected package """ and on my class declaration I am getting multiple errors:
Multiple markers at this line
- Access restriction: The type SimpleTagSupport is not accessible due to restriction on required library C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext
- The type HelloWorld is already defined
I am also attaching three screenshots of my workspace.
Please let me know if I need to provide some more information.
Thanks in advance
Just an update:
I performed the following steps:
1) Go to the Build Path settings in the project properties.
2) Remove the JRE System Library
3) Add it back; Select "Add Library" and select the JRE System Library.
and now I am getting the error "The type HelloWorld is already defined" for all my classes but autocomplete is not working.
The autocomplete problem is a symptom of the problem that Eclipse can't find Java. The first step would be to build using Maven. I can see you did that from your "build success" screenshot so this is good. The next step is to clue Eclipse into the fact that the classpath has changed. This is under Maven > Update project configuration. (or something similar; different versions use different text.) Can you give this a shot to see if the red errors go away?