aspose file tools*
The moose likes Ranch Office and the fly likes Just a Mild Request. Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Soft Skills this week in the Jobs Discussion forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » This Site » Ranch Office
Bookmark "Just a Mild Request." Watch "Just a Mild Request." New topic
Author

Just a Mild Request.

Rohit Kumar Singh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 29, 2013
Posts: 105

Hello all,

I just wanted to suggest 1 more point as you guys are on it (Development of Beta View).

My Point is :-

-> There should me a Notification Icon for the following purpose .
1. If your post or topic got any answer's.
2.If someone Thumb's Up your any of the post Anytime.
3.If someone Quote your text in his Answer's or Comment's.

I think it would be helpful, because as i want to search whether i got any answer on my Topic or not, i have to go through a long process...


Hope You all will take my Suggestion into Account .

Thanking You


Accept me as I am, or Watch me as I go.
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal

Joined: May 26, 2003
Posts: 31054
    
232

Rana,

2) We are talking about some sort of notification for thumbs up.

1&3) You can actually have some of this now. Go to www.coderanch.com/forums/posts/listTopicsByUser/288625 . It shows who made the last post in a thread. If it isn't you, there is a reply.


[Blog] [JavaRanch FAQ] [How To Ask Questions The Smart Way] [Book Promos]
Blogging on Certs: SCEA Part 1, Part 2 & 3, Core Spring 3, OCAJP, OCPJP beta, TOGAF part 1 and part 2
Rohit Kumar Singh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 29, 2013
Posts: 105

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:
1&3) You can actually have some of this now. Go to www.coderanch.com/forums/posts/listTopicsByUser/288625 . It shows who made the last post in a thread. If it isn't you, there is a reply.



But Mam,

Consider some situation which i am giving as an example below.

1. Suppose i have created a new topic, and i got 2-3 answer's on it, and i have not answered on my topic then i have to remember which was the last commentator on my topic (Just think this situation if i have around 1000 Topic created.)
2. Suppose i have commented on someone's created Topic, and my answer was quoted by someone else, and he refers to me directly (as a first person), what if that topic has a long list of answer's then according to current scenario i have to read all the answer's which was answered just after me. (Suppose i am out of time, i have to catch a plane then this is not practical.)

No Offense Intended in my Comment Mam,

Just a Mild Request.
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender

Joined: Oct 02, 2003
Posts: 11497
    
  16

You also have the option to put a thread - any thread, not just ones you start - on a 'watch' list. You will then get an email/notification when someone replies.


There are only two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal

Joined: May 26, 2003
Posts: 31054
    
232

Rana,
Understood. I'm just sharing what exists now so you can use it in the meantime. Things can always be made better!
Rohit Kumar Singh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 29, 2013
Posts: 105

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:Rana,
Understood. I'm just sharing what exists now so you can use it in the meantime. Things can always be made better!


Thanks mam...

Thumb's Up For quoted Comment ...
Rohit Kumar Singh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 29, 2013
Posts: 105

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:Rana,
Understood. I'm just sharing what exists now so you can use it in the meantime. Things can always be made better!



@Jeanne Boyarsky:: Hello Mam,

I have some suggestion's Regarding those, If you want then tell me, I'll Share my Thought's (How i think it should be done).
It will be an honor to Serve for Java Ranch..


Jaikiran Pai
Marshal

Joined: Jul 20, 2005
Posts: 10288
    
168

Rana Rananjay Singh wrote:

I have some suggestion's Regarding those, If you want then tell me, I'll Share my Thought's (How i think it should be done).
It will be an honor to Serve for Java Ranch..



You can add those suggestions in this very thread. If we think those changes are feasible and worth it, they will be included.

[My Blog] [JavaRanch Journal]
Rohit Kumar Singh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 29, 2013
Posts: 105

Jaikiran Pai wrote:
You can add those suggestions in this very thread. If we think those changes are feasible and worth it, they will be included.


I'll Better make a word file,and post it here as an attachment ...
Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 42913
    
  68
You can't attach such a file here (only image files can be attached). And besides, it wouldn't be searchable, making it less valuable than a post.
Rohit Kumar Singh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 29, 2013
Posts: 105

Ulf Dittmer wrote:You can't attach such a file here (only image files can be attached). And besides, it wouldn't be searchable, making it less valuable than a post.


then ???


I should write it here ...
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender

Joined: Oct 02, 2003
Posts: 11497
    
  16

Rohit Kumar Singh wrote:
Ulf Dittmer wrote:You can't attach such a file here (only image files can be attached). And besides, it wouldn't be searchable, making it less valuable than a post.

then ???
I should write it here ...

yes.
Rohit Kumar Singh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 29, 2013
Posts: 105

kkk sure
Rohit Kumar Singh
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 29, 2013
Posts: 105

Here are some of my Suggestions :-

There should be a Notification Icon, which show's notification if these all scenario happens.

A) If someone Answer to your Question.
B) If Someone Thumbs Up your any of the comment or Question .
C) If Someone Quote's You in his/her Comment's then, Notification should be somewhat like this ,


"Mr/Mrs XYZ has quoted your Answer in his/her Comment.", and when the user select that notification, then he/she should be traversed directly to that place, where the comment has been quoted.


D) If after your comment any other comment is added to the question (where ever you have commented.).

So on ...

We are also achieving the same , in one way or another, but by this, Traversing Between Pages or links will be Far more Easier..


Just Shared What i Thought ...

No Offense Intended ..

Thanks ...
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Just a Mild Request.