This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
The long awaited version of Aspose.Pdf for Java 4.3.0 has been released. This new release provides an exciting feature to convert PDF files to HTML format by using just two lines of code. We’ve previously provided the feature to extract PDF file contents as HTML using the PdfExtractor class’ extractTextAsHTML(..) method but the new approach greatly improves the output fidelity.
Here is the code:
// Load source PDF file
com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfDocument = new com.aspose.pdf.Document("c:/source.pdf");
// Save the file into HTML format
In this new release, we have introduced a separate JAR file, aspose-pdf-4.3.0-jdk14.jar, targeted for JDK1.4 and JDK1.5. Furthermore, this release also provides better PDF to image conversion, both in terms of results and performance. Some important new and improved features included in this release are given below
- PDF to HTML
- Aspose.Pdf for Java 4.0.0(Merged version) is now compatible with jdk 1.5
- PDF to JPEG Conversion- Performance is much improved
- PDF to HTML - some words overlap and formatting issues are resolved
- Insert method of PdfFileEditor class causing problems are now fixed
- TextSegment class missing issue is resolved from com.aspose.pdf.facades package
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Pdf for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Pdf for performing different tasks like the followings.