For a customer I want to provide a preconfigured install package without having the need of fulfilling the built in install wizard.
From reverse engineering I learnt that the install wizard starts if
- key "installation.config" not exists (or)
- File jforum-custom.conf not exists (or)
- key "installed" is not present or not set to TRUE
The "installation.config" key is provided in released SystemGlobals.properties, the jforum-custom.conf would be provided by my install package.
Studying the workflow of the install wizard, it seems that only the new admin password finds its way to persistence. Or is one of the settings into the several contexts also persisted?
Beside this: the key "install" is removed from templatesMapping.properties. But I assume this is not really important, neither the entry "Modified by JForum Installer". Is this assumption correct?
I plan to fulfill following steps while installing:
1. deploy the released jforum.war into tomcat 7
2. startup Tomcat, in order that JForum gets unpacked and deployed
3. stop Tomcat (before accessing the first time the jforums index.jsp)
4. setup the DB, incl. the hashed admin password
5. manually deploying the prepared jforum-custom.conf and other customizations
6. restart Tomcat
Is this a valuable approach?
Thanks for reviewing this draft. Please hint me on details which I probably missed.