We are Looking for GREAT People to Help Fulfill Our Mission
WHY WORK AT PIVOTAL?
The technology industry is at the cusp of a once-in-a-generation transition; one that will transform the ways that infrastructure and applications will be built and used. We want pioneers, world-class experts, and those who refuse to accept the status quo. Armed with code, data, a defining culture, and a purposeful mission, our team is developing cutting-edge technology that fundamentally changes the way businesses operate and innovate.
At Pivotal, you can tackle the most challenging problems, unleash amazing opportunities, and build technologies that have real impact to business, people and the world.
Pivotal is in need of 25+ Strong Java Web Developers and Architects in the Washington, DC Metro area for a critical web application redesign used by Millions of people. This position is responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting Java applications within several enterprise Internet/intranet sites. This role will have you do the following:
* Gather and analyze requirements.
* Program all or selected components of Web or Java applications.
* Document components and applications.
* Develops automation techniques to enable end-user content publishing; programs, tests and implements mapped graphic images, forms and HTML pages; handles client browser support inquiries; maintains links to external sites and accuracy on internal links while ensuring up-to-date information.
* Participates in all phases of complex Application Analysis and Design components based on requirements.
* Performs complex maintenance and problem resolution on software applications.
Desired Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, we are looking for candidates with the following background
* At least 3 years of Professional Java Development experience
* Strong experience in Core java (Design patterns, Object Oriented Programming, and JDBC, etc.)
* Experience with J2EE applications (servlet and JSP, and web frameworks)
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems (or related experience).
* Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively with associates at all levels within the organization.
Additional skills that would be beneficial includes:
* Knowledge of industry best practices and design patterns (e.g. Agile, SCRUM)
* Knowledge of web servers/app servers
* Experience developing web-based applications using JSF, etc.
* Spring Framework
* Development tools: Eclipse, Ant/Maven, source control tools such as CVS or Subversion
These positions support the following candidate profiles:
* W2 Consultants are preferred, but we will look at Corp-to-Corp/1099 candidates on a case by case basis
* Contract/Contract-to-Hire (Third Party candidates will have to be run through our provider)
* H1B Visa candidates, who have been in the US for at least 3 years
Candidates should e-mail sturner AT Gopivotal.com for immediate consideration