Win a copy of Re-engineering Legacy Software this week in the Refactoring forum
or Docker in Action in the Cloud/Virtualization forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

8bit to 16bit conversion.

 
Rajitha Gunawardhane
Ranch Hand
Posts: 32
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,

I want to convert an 8bit file to 16bit.

Can any one show me a way.

Thanks
 
Richard Tookey
Bartender
Posts: 1166
17
Java Linux Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Rajitha Gunawardhane wrote:
I want to convert an 8bit file to 16bit.


I don't understand what you are asking. Can you explain what you mean by a 16 bit file.
 
Rajitha Gunawardhane
Ranch Hand
Posts: 32
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thank you for the quick reply.

I wanted to convert an 8bit wav file to 16bit file.

Thank you.
 
Richard Tookey
Bartender
Posts: 1166
17
Java Linux Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Rajitha Gunawardhane wrote:
I wanted to convert an 8bit wav file to 16bit file.


Not trivial but can be done using the Java sound API (Google is your friend) .

But why do you need to do this. It won't result in improved sound quality since although you would have 16 bit samples it would still only effectively be 8 bit sample quality.
 
Rajitha Gunawardhane
Ranch Hand
Posts: 32
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Richard Tookey wrote:
Rajitha Gunawardhane wrote:
I wanted to convert an 8bit wav file to 16bit file.


Not trivial but can be done using the Java sound API (Google is your friend) .

But why do you need to do this. It won't result in improved sound quality since although you would have 16 bit samples it would still only effectively be 8 bit sample quality.


I could not find with my Friend yet . The reason is i have a audio client that has only process 16 bit files.

A help is really appreciated.

Thank you.
 
Richard Tookey
Bartender
Posts: 1166
17
Java Linux Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Rajitha Gunawardhane wrote:[ The reason is i have a audio client that has only process 16 bit files.


You don't need a Java program then. Why not just use something like Audacity .
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic