This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
I have a page with 2 textfields (with validation as mandatory textfields). Both the text fields have their own save button for some reason.
Steps to reproduce my error :
1. Delete all the pre-populated data of textfield #1. Click Save #1.
[ Validation fails. Error message is received. As expected.]
2. Use Cancel button and reder to the previous page.
3. Use Edit button and again render to the original page with 2 textfields.
4. Delete the data from textfield #2.
5. Hit save #2.
6. Save is successful whereas expected is like before validation should fail.
I tried debugging. It seems that the modelobject contains the same old data before my textfield #2 data deletion.
After trying to save textfield #2 : page.getModelObject still contains old value of textfield #2 and not the new
Whereas after trying to save textfield # 1 :
FEConfigEntry entry contains new model.
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com
subject: Wicket: form issue - modelObject does not get updated