Description: A healthcare client located in downtown Toronto has a requirement for a Senior Java Developer to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be involved in the functional and technical analysis, design and programming of various system application components.
Excellent Communication skills are required to interact with project stakeholders in order to design, and implement solutions for complex problems and applications.
The client is looking for a resource up for the challenge of a fast-paced project based environment.
Duration: This role is scheduled to start immediately, with a work term until March 31st, 2015.
Required skills: · 5+ years of experience with web application development and design.
· Oracle database 10g, SQL
· 5+ years’ experience with web architecture (Weblogic 11g, Apache, Tomcat, Web Services)
· Experience with Object Oriented and Service Oriented architecture, application architecture definition, applications design, business requirements gathering, requirements analysis, data modeling.
· Understanding of waterfall and agile PM concepts
· Experience with portal architecture (preferably WebCenter Interaction 10gR3)
Nice to have skills: · PHP
· Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
Role: · Provide technical expertise for internal software applications, architecture and systems design.
· Models business and systems processes based on findings through user case scenarios, workflow diagrams and data models.
· Creates functional and technical system design specifications: application and database designs.
· Helps establish ‘Best Practices’ programming standards and development processes.
· Coordinates and participates in code reviews and mentors other developers.
· Ensures that proposed and existing systems design is aligned with existing enterprise architectures, organizational goals and objectives.
· Analyzes technical specifications – build and implement functionally accurate and modular applications programs.
· Creates unit tests to test application software in development
· Provides, maintains and updates technical documentation to reflect new applications or enhancements to existing applications.
· Coordinates and supports the implementation of developed projects for production use.
Note: This position is only open to candidates who are currently eligible to work in Canada.
If you are interested in this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of an updated CV.