Have passed OCEWCD with 94%, feel so relieved after giving the exam.It took 1 month of rigorous preparation.
References I used for my preparation are
1. Head First Servlets and JSP - 2nd Edition(read it twice page to page) and lot of coding.
2. Followed the guide lines given by Benjamin Davies post - http://www.coderanch.com/t/623652/sr/certification/Passed-OCEJWCD 3. Servlets 3.0 Spec thought initially couldn't understand every bit of it. But after doing some mock exams from Enuthware and Exam Simulator by Piotr Nowicki it was very easy to follow.
4. Enthuware S/w - again a must for preparation.
Few questions in the exam were tricky and most of it were lenghty, need patience and attention to read and answer it accordingly.
Final exam in the Enthuware and the mock exam in HFSJ is a must on the last day for sure will get quite a good amount of questions similar to it.
The only mistake I have done was not to read JSP 2.2 spec. Missed 2 question related to it in the real exam.
Hearty Congratulations for getting such a great score!!
I am also preparing for this same exam. I would appreciate if you could guide me if there are questions on "classic tags", if yes then about how many? I am finding this particular topic a bit tough to grasp.
Even thanks for sharing your strategy. Will help others like me.
Oracle Java Web Service Developer (1z0-897), Oracle certified Java 7 Programmer, SCJA 1.0, SCJP 5.0, SCWCD 5.0, Oracle SQL Fundamentals I
Joined: Dec 20, 2010
-> There were no questions either of Customs tags nor simple tags.
-> 15-20% questions on servlet 3.0
-> Take at least five days for the mock exams, do the imp 2 mocks on the last day and analyze more on the mistakes you make.
-> Though the questions on the mock are very small, expect big one on the exam.
Please let me know if you need any more info.
Difficultly rate is the same as Enuthware s/w but the tricky point is the long questions with many variable some relavent while others are not required. So be careful while reading as well as choosing the choice.
My Mock exam scores:
Test 1 70%
Test 2 82%
Test 3 88%
Test 4 72%
Test 5 86%
Test 6 76%
Test 7 86%
Test 8 91%
Test 9 84%
You were spot on with your suggestions
* long questions tricked me a bit
* Difficulty level similar to enthuware or may be little bit easier
* No questions on classic tag. Got 2-3 questions on simple tags
* Very few questions on Servlets 3.0
I passed today with 85%, very happy. 4 weeks back I didnt knew what a servlet or JSP is. Today completed the entire paper and 2 revisions with more than an hour to spare! Its party time tonight.
Big thanks to Head First Java & Servlets, Enthuware & Piotr Nowicki.
may I ask, what do you mean by standard and classic tags ?
By standard you mean JSTL ? Like c:something ? And by classic you mean jsp:something ?
The JSP certification includes questions on the creation of custom tags using the JspTag interface (plus sub-interfaces) and in particular SimpleTag/SimpleTagSupport (i.e. simple tags) and TagSupport/BodyTagSupport (classic tags). The <jsp:....> tags indicate the standard action tags provided automatically in JSP, while the <c:.....> tags are supposed to be standard tags. For more info see: