With great satisfaction, I would like to share that today I passed OCEWCD (1Z0-899) with 85%.
4 weeks back I didnt know what a servlet or JSP is or how to write a HTML file or XML code. Today completed the entire paper and 2 revision's with literally more than an hour to spare! Its party time tonight.
First of all would like to thank the authors of Head First Java & Servlets, Enthuware s/w & Piotr Nowicki, without which this certification wouldn't have been as easy as it was.
Few Pointers for other fellow members
* Expect couple of long questions describing the situation for which you have to identify the correct code
* Difficulty level similar to enthuware or may be little bit easier (especially after you have attempted all the 10 mock exams)
* No questions on classic tag. Got 2-3 questions on simple tags
* I got very few questions on Servlets 3.0, but others have mentioned that they got more than 15-20% of questions
* I had to read the HF book couple of times to let everything sink in.
Today finally my goal of studying for 3 Java certifications completes from OCAJP7 to OCEWCD. Prior Experience in Java - 0; literally ZERO. (I did'nt even know what Java is or how to write "hello world" in Java, had learnt C about 15 years back in college and joined Sales & Marketing after finishing college). Time required approx 4 months. Could have been shorter but have family commitments towards my sweet one year old daughter Love of my life.
Now next target is SQL Fundamentals.
Wishing all of you a very good luck.
Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year
And this forum is really a great source of guidance to all newbies like me. A Big Thank You to all the moderators and all the members.