“Build new skills for your future and live your best life now”
Languages Required: English
Type: Temporary, Part-time, Independent Contractor
Location: Bangalore Office
Who We Are:
Appen is a language technology solutions and consulting firm, recognized as a global leader in the quality, range and caliber of its expertise. We are focused on helping our clients reach international markets by leveraging our expertise in over 50 languages and dialects. Our clients are among the world’s top Internet search engine companies, and we are currently seeking Internet-savvy freelance Web Search Evaluators.
If you are looking for interesting work that fits your lifestyle, you have come to the right place. As a Web Search Evaluator at Appen, you will be rewarded for your ability to improve the Internet search relevance results for everyone. Be part of a rapidly growing global team for the world’s top Internet search engine companies! We offer competitive pay and excellent training.
If you are a fast-thinking, flexible person who embraces new challenges and would enjoy evaluating the quality and relevance of the Internet for our top clients, we want to hear from you. We will provide you with standards and scoring guidelines, personal support and training so you can be successful.
Depending upon your commitment and skill level, opportunities for new projects and responsibilities that can increase your ability to earn are always there for you. We are moving fast … and so can your career. It’s all up to you.
Web Search evaluators work 4 hours a day (Monday through Friday) between either 9AM – 2PM or 2PM – 7PM IST from our Bangalore office. Evaluators commit to 20-22 hours per week. Before a project assignment, evaluators complete a qualification process of 25-40 hours over a 1-3 week period. Once accepted on a project, evaluators must meet consistent service levels that measure accuracy of their work.
• Passionate and avid interest in working with the Internet.
• Experience with Web browsers to navigate and evaluate a variety of content.
• Broad interest and current knowledge of social culture, media, sports, news, business, celebrities and the Web.
• Flexibility to learn from changing standards and tasks.
• Detail-oriented and strives for continuous high performance and accuracy.
• Ability to work independently and possess good time-management skills.
• Be fluent in written and verbal English.
• Excellent research and decision capability: ability to see both the possible intent of a user who visits a Web page and compare it to another Web page to determine the best relevance.
• Excellent troubleshooting, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Degree is preferred, but experience and ability are essential.