This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
Today I received an email telling me to check my score on Certview.
My assignmend was URLyBird 1.2.3.
I've got 377 points out of 400 so I am a member of the elite group of individuals who can call themselves a Java Standard Edition 6 Developer Certified Master .
- I used three layer architecture (data access layer, business layer and GUI layer).
- I used RMI for networking.
- I used thin client.
- I didn't delegate Data class responsibilities to otherclasses. Everything is in methods of Data class.
- Magic cookie generated by SecureRandom.
- I implemented my own SecurityException.
- I extended DBAccess interface to provide more useful methods.
- I used "AND approach" while searching. A value is returned when it matches ALL criteria.
- I didn't implement "OR search".
- I didn't throw DuplicateKeyExceptionfrom createRecord method.
- I created a class BookingServiceFactory with three methods getLocalBookingService, getRemoteBookingService and getServerBookingService.
- I used a shutdown hook in server mode to save data when the application quits.
- I didn't use RMI factory.
- I didn't implement "48h rule".
- I used rmic to generate stubs.
- I used GridBagLayoutextensively.
- I used SwingUtilities.invokeLater() and Thread.start() extensively.
- I decided not to change default look and feel.
I'd like to thank everyone who helped me write this assignment. Special thanks for Roberto Perillo for amazing paper and Data class test, Roel De Nijs for his help on this forum and Andrew Monkhouse and Terry Camerlengo for an amazing book.