This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
I would like to create a utility function to ease the capturing of the configuration data from one environment to another, these configuration data are basically store in database.
seeking for your advice what is the best approach for my case,my rough ideas are both tied with web service as below:
Method 1 - using xml file
- Generate DML/DDL query into xml file (make each DML/DDL query under individual xml element)
- send the file over httpheader with post method
- Receiving side receive xml file and process the query by storing it into db.
Method 2 - using JSON
- Generate JSON format data and send to receiving side
- Receiver process the data and store into DB.
May i know what is the best bet for my case, any other alternative to assist in my case?
Between, should i worry on the concern of data capacity send over to other server via web service?