Aspose development team is pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Cells for Android 5.0.0 . This new release supports reading password protected Microsoft Excel 2013 files. We provide the Style.setJustifyDistributed() method so you can apply the justify distributed setting while applying text alignment settings on cells. We also provide support for the B3 (13.9 x 19.7 inches) and Business Card (90 mm x 55 mm) PaperSizeType options. We have added a number of enhancements and fixes in the new release. We have improved the chart to image and sheet to image modules. A few other improvements are also made to Aspose.Cells for Android’s formula calculation engine. We have fixed a few exceptions when reading and writing Microsoft Excel file formats too. This release includes plenty of new & enhanced features as listed below
- Support opening password protected MS Excel 2013 files
- Print comments on an Excel document
- Support Justify Distributed Alignment Setting
- Remove hardcode usage of com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGCodec
- Unhide Row with previously assigned height
- Axis.setTickLabelSpacing() is now working for XLS version
- Cell borders were rendered on opaque cells
- Less than equals to calculation error is fixed
- Problem with wildcard parsing in formula calculation is fixed
- Some columns are narrow to contain text properly is now fixed
- IStreamProvider.setCustomPath now have effect to file tabstrip.htm
- Extracting formatted Chinese Date issue is resolved
- getStringValue() returns #VALUE!
- Validation now working after converting to XLS format
- XLSX to PDF: Underline below the hyperlink is getting spread out to adjacent character positions is now fixed
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Android documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Cells for Android is a MS Excel spreadsheet component that allows programmer to develop android applications for reading, writing & manipulate Excel spreadsheets (XLS, XLSX, XLSM, SpreadsheetML, CSV, tab delimited) and HTML file formats without needing to rely on Microsoft Excel. It supports robust formula calculation engine, pivot tables, VBA, workbook encryption, named ranges, custom charts, spreadsheet formatting, drawing objects like images, OLE objects & importing or creating charts.