Aspose development team is pleased to announce the new release Aspose.Imaging for Java 2.0.0. with all enhancements, features and bug fixes from Aspose.Imaging for .NET 2.1.0. Aspose.Metafiles for Java has now been completely merged into Aspose.Imaging for Java API with this release. Important point to note here is that Aspose will no longer be selling licenses for Aspose.Metafiles, instead we are offering richer library to meet all imaging requirements in the shape of Aspose.Imaging for Java. Existing users of Aspose.Metafiles can go through the Porting Guide to know what has been changed, and what should they do to integrate Aspose.Imaging for Java API in their existing applications. We tried our best to keep everything in tact as it was originally in Aspose.Metafiles API but we had to standardize the loading and saving mechanisms according to object model of Aspose.Imaging API. While migrating from Aspose.Metafiles to Aspose.Imaging the following facts should be taken into account:
- MetafileImage class no more contains the write method, instead a standard Aspose.Imaging approach using save method should be used as it provides the same functionality.
- MetafileImage class no more contains the static loadMetafile method, instead a standard factory method load should be used as it provides the same functionality.
- EmfMetafile and WmfMetafile classes have been renamed to EmfMetafileImage and WmfMetafileImage respectively.
Merger of Aspose.Metafiles into Aspose.Imaging for Java API has also enabled us to provide long waited Conversion of Metafiles to Raster Images. Now application developers can use Aspose.Imaging for Java API to convert EMF and WMF files to other supported image formats such as PNG, JPEG, BMP and many more. The main new and improved features added in this release are listed below
- Java Convert EMF/WMF to PNG using Byte array
- Include latest Metafiles updates and features
- Split MTEXT special symbols
- Implement arrow of dimension filling as default in AutoCad
- TIFF Codec can now load image of CIELAB type
- TIFF Codec can now load image of CMYK type
- Render spline object
- Sign jars with SHA-2 certificate
- Remove offline documentation and leave only ApiReference
- Update 22-Oct-2013 EULA in Aspose.Imaging for Java
- Improved rendering of Attribs and attribute definitions.
- Java Missing Permissions manifest attribute for Aspose-Imaging.jar
- Aspose.Imaging for Java: Non descriptive Method Arguments for TiffFrame.save(M arg0)
- Image quality decreases after resizing is now fixed
- GIF file lose transparency when converted to PNG is now fixed
- Infinite execution on openning tif-image
- Loading a 300DPI Tiff to an instance of RasterImage shows resolution as 96DPI
- Fix problem with rotated MTEXT shifting.
- Java No overload of Image.save method accepts OutputStream - EMF files take longer time for conversion is now fixed
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Imaging for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Imaging for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Imaging for .NET is an image processing & manipulation component that allows developers to create, edit, draw or convert images in their .NET application. It allows developers to convert image files to PSD, BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF and GIF formats. Moreover a set of pens, brushes and fonts can be used to draw images or add new elements & text to existing images. Aspose.Imaging for .NET works well with both web & windows applications. Moreover, it adds the support for Silverlight platform.