It's not a secret anymore!
The moose likes JSF and the fly likes Unknown Error When Updating Fields Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » JSF
Bookmark "Unknown Error When Updating Fields" Watch "Unknown Error When Updating Fields" New topic

Unknown Error When Updating Fields

Jarrod Rackley
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 04, 2013
Posts: 30

I recently added a few input fields to a page I previously asked questions about. When I added the new fields, I was able to edit and save data in those fields, but I now get an error when I try to create a new record.

The server log does not show any error. I have tried using a <ui:debug/>, but I do not see any fields that show invalid when the elements are updated.

The first three input fields update, the add device button becomes enabled and the device tabView clears, but nothing else resets.

This is the wrapper and it's contents for the device tabView

The create button to create a new record

The createProject() method

If I remove the equipment wrapper from the update everything works fine, but the tabView will not be reset. I am not sure what inside the wrapper causes it and how exactly to fix it.

I've also looked at updating the parent so I do not have to specify every field I want to update, but when that is done the Primefaces calendar inputs lose the calendar button.

Thank You,

I agree. Here's the link:
subject: Unknown Error When Updating Fields
It's not a secret anymore!