We're using WebLogic and Eclipse, and it works pretty well. However, we have now encountered quite a big problem.
We have some classes that are automatically generated. If we build the EAR using Maven these are included in the project's JAR file in the EAR. However, if we deploy the EAR in Eclipse, these generated classes cannot be found and we get a NoClassDefFoundError. Eclipse itself sees these generated classes just fine, and we can use them in code without any problems. Only when deploying to WebLogic is there a problem with them.
Note: we have installed Oracle WebLogic Server Tools version 184.108.40.206312191402 in our own Eclipse installation. Company policy won't allow us to use OEPE.