We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Tasks for Java 6.5.0 with a number of new features and enhancements. Ported from its equivalent .NET version, this month’s release provides the capability of reading all or specific Gantt chart View Data such as bar styles information, grid lines properties, and progress lines properties. This month’s release also provides the feature of Reading Group Definition Data from Microsoft Project MPP files. This empowers users to read all information related to the grouping of project data which is carried out on defined criteria. The information can then be used in applications that store Meta data about a project. This month’s release also introduces another feature of reading Filter Definition data from MPP data files. This also includes reading individual filter criteria data that allows determining the set of filters applied. In addition, reading Table Data from a Microsoft Project file is also supported with this month’s release which allows accessing each table in the project file along with reading the table fields. Below is the complete list of new features and important bug fixes included in this release.
- Supports Reading specific Gantt Chart View Data
- Reading specific view data from MS Project MPP files.
- Read Group definition data from mpp 2003 files.
- Read table data from mpp 2003 files.
- Read filter definition data from mpp files.
- Read specific gantt chart view data for 2007 file format.
- Read view data from mpp 2013.
- Read view data from mpp 2010.
- Read view data from mpp 2007.
- Read Filter Criteria data.
- Read view data from mpp 2003.
- Read specific gantt chart view data for 2003 file format.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical Java Project management component that enables Java applications to read, write & manage Project documents without utilizing MS Project. It supports reading MS Project Template (MPT) files as well as allows exporting project data to HTML, BMP, PNG, JPEG, PDF, TIFF, XPS, XAML and SVG formats. It reads & writes MS Project documents in both MPP & XML formats. Developers can read & change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations & calendars.