I am looking for the next certification. Deciding between OCEEJBD and OCEJWSD.
I have equal interest in both fields and will eventually do both.
But now I would like to complete one certification quickly.
For those who need to know my preparation strategy for OCEJWCD.
Here is my preparation:
1. Read HF Servlets and JSP once.
2. Studied the Servlets and JSP spec 3.0 once.
3. Solved the practice tests from Whizlabs. Initially started scoring 80-85 % in the initial tests.
(Few points regarding the whizlabs tests. There are many typos in the questions. Even some questions are badly formed.
But surprisingly, I found the format of the final exam very similar to the actual exam. I even got many questions from the final exam of Whizlabs.
Thanks Whizlabs team. But please improve your test material.)
4. Studied HF Servlets and JSP and Servlets 3.0 spec again. Finished it in three days this time.
5. Studied the core JSTL tags and JSP standard actions from internet. Head first books does not cover them all in great detail.
5. Again gave the final test. Got 95% in the final test. Got super confident and gave exam the very next day.
For me, I took web service exam first. Then, I am preparing for EJB exam.
I heard web service exam is harder than EJB exam. But learning web service may help you understand EJB.
It is because we deploy a web service as EJB, configure role base security using ejb-jar.xml and so on.
One more hint: you may want to spend a little bit more time to learn @Statless EJB in order to understand EJB based web service.
I am reading EJB in Action now to get some general ideas about EJB.
I basically asked the same question like few weeks ago but v5 exams. I would suggest you follow your gut feeling which one to go for first. Gut feeling here means: experience, conceptual knowledge, references/books on the subject, etc.
For me personally, I have decided to go BCD5 first since I'm more familiar with EJB and JPA. Remember for v6 exams these 2 are separate exams.