I passed the WCD5 exam today. I actually started preparing for this like a year ago but stopped due to busy at work. Then came back to it like 2 months ago. Quick glance of my notes and everything seems to come back, since I'm doing web dev at work lately. The references I used:
* Study guide by Bridgewater (read once)
* Head First Servlet & JSP 2e (read twice, 2nd time really skim through)
* Did make web app/ sample code testing servlet, JSP EL/JSTL, tag libraries, and security stuff
All in all after I've done the test, I still found my knowledge of listeners/events, web security and tag libraries a bit rusty.
During the exam, I noticed the question order tends to go by the topics in the objective. Given the (v5) exam is 69 questions, by the Q60 I haven't seen a design pattern question. Then few more Qs go by ... bang 5-6 DP in a row. Yet the other topics, I didn't notice this grouping probably because they are just all too similar haha.
Things to remember I think:
* The web.xml tags (especially those not common seen/use)
* listeners = what events they take as parms, what they are for
* tag library = simple tag =? doTag() and classic tag => doStartTag(), doAfterTag()
* methods in HttpSevletResponse and HttpServletRequest
* the JSP EL "pageContext" = what it can and cannot do (methods)