aspose file tools*
The moose likes BEA/Weblogic and the fly likes iplanet unable to lookup EJB in weblogic4.5.1 Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Java 8 in Action this week in the Java 8 forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Products » BEA/Weblogic
Bookmark "iplanet unable to lookup EJB in weblogic4.5.1" Watch "iplanet unable to lookup EJB in weblogic4.5.1" New topic
Author

iplanet unable to lookup EJB in weblogic4.5.1

vintu79
Greenhorn

Joined: Oct 30, 2001
Posts: 5
hi ,
I am using 3 tier architecture where my servlets and htmls are placed in the iplanet webserver4.1 and my EJB in
are in weblogic server 4.5.1 and the Weblogic server uses oci driver to connect to oracle 8.1.6 .
when I am trying to access the EJB which is deployed in weblogic4.5.1 from servlets which are on iplanet webserver 4.1
.I am facing a problem , the servlet in iplanet is not able able to lookup the bean which are deployed on weblogic server using their JNDI lookup name .I am using t3 connectivity to comunicate with the EJB from the servlets.My request hangs for a long time and then displays a insecure item dialog box in the browser.when i checked up the weblogic logs i found no exception or errors while the iplanet log showed me this error [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]javax.naming.CommunicationException
.The servlet is unable to lookup the bean and I found the connectivity between the iplanet webserver machine and the weblogic server machine is lost and i was not able to invoke a telnet session from iplanet webserver machine to weblogic server machine it is giving connection refused.however if i shut and start iplanet webserver the connectivity is restablished and i am able to invoked the bean from the servlets.This problem is happening once in a while but still i am not able to find a permanent solution for it can anybody give the reason why this is happening the only solution that i have now is to restart iplanet webserver.

thanks for your ideas in advance
vinodh

[This message has been edited by vintu79 (edited October 30, 2001).]
VAruna
Greenhorn

Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Posts: 6
Hi,
Can u please tell me how you established the connection between your iplanet web server and the weblogic app server ?
Aruna
[This message has been edited by Aruna Vaidyanathan (edited December 02, 2001).]
Adam Adams
Ranch Hand

Joined: Nov 28, 2001
Posts: 60
i have similar proble i am not sure if you encounter:
i have a working app runing on wls 6.1.
when i make a call from iplanet weserver every thing is ok except i loose the path to my images it looks like when dynamically create the pages for me it changes the paths .. any idea?
thanks
Originally posted by vintu79:
hi ,
I am using 3 tier architecture where my servlets and htmls are placed in the iplanet webserver4.1 and my EJB in
are in weblogic server 4.5.1 and the Weblogic server uses oci driver to connect to oracle 8.1.6 .
when I am trying to access the EJB which is deployed in weblogic4.5.1 from servlets which are on iplanet webserver 4.1
.I am facing a problem , the servlet in iplanet is not able able to lookup the bean which are deployed on weblogic server using their JNDI lookup name .I am using t3 connectivity to comunicate with the EJB from the servlets.My request hangs for a long time and then displays a insecure item dialog box in the browser.when i checked up the weblogic logs i found no exception or errors while the iplanet log showed me this error [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]javax.naming.CommunicationException
.The servlet is unable to lookup the bean and I found the connectivity between the iplanet webserver machine and the weblogic server machine is lost and i was not able to invoke a telnet session from iplanet webserver machine to weblogic server machine it is giving connection refused.however if i shut and start iplanet webserver the connectivity is restablished and i am able to invoked the bean from the servlets.This problem is happening once in a while but still i am not able to find a permanent solution for it can anybody give the reason why this is happening the only solution that i have now is to restart iplanet webserver.

thanks for your ideas in advance
vinodh

[This message has been edited by vintu79 (edited October 30, 2001).]

 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: iplanet unable to lookup EJB in weblogic4.5.1
 
Similar Threads
iPlanet 4.1 Enterprise Edition SP9 unable to lookup EJB on Weblogic 5.1
iplanet connectivity with weblogic server 4.5.1
iplanet weblogic connectivity
iplanet unable to establish t3 connection with weblogic4.5.1
iplanet unable to establish t3 connection with weblogic4.5.1