use following setting to see Weblogic running from eclipse
Bea_home :c:\bea Weblogic_home: c:\bea\weblogic81 Domainname: Example Domain directory: E:\bea\weblogic81\samples\domains\examples Servername : cgServer user : weblogic password :weblogic hostname : localhost (or use remote host where ur weblogic installed port : 7001 (default) see your port
Classpath : \bea (use ur bea home eg. C:\bea) JVM option : -Dweblogic.ProductionModeEnabled= true
This will help you
Joined: Aug 29, 2003
Thanks for providing the values for those parameters.
I am still unclear about a couple of things:
1. The Eclipse 'WebLogic->Classpath' node asks the following parameters to be set: a. Classpath "before" the WebLogic libraries b. Classpath "after" the WebLogic libraries
I think that the WebLogic libraries are under the C:\bea\WebLogic81\server\lib directory. I do not understand what are the classpaths "before the WebLogic libraries" and "after the WebLogic libraries"
2. The 'WebLogic->JavaVM Options' asks to set the "JavaVM (JDK used to launch WebLogic Server)". Do I provide the path of my JAVA_HOME?
1. Regarding the before and after classpath, sometimes you need to add to the classpath used to start WLS. Where it gets added in the classpath can be important if the classes are in more than one part of the classpath and you want the correct one to be used.
For example, weblogic comes with some jdbc drivers. If you want to use a different driver version you need to put that jar in front of the weblogic jars.
2. Did you try putting the path to your jdk here? did it work?
Joined: Aug 29, 2003
Thanks to all for your help.
I am able to start the WebLogic from within the Eclipse 3.0.1 in two ways:
1. click on the Start WebLogic from the Run menu; and 2. click on the Start WebLogic button in the tool bar.
However, there is no Stop WebLogic in the Eclipse Run menu and there is no Stop WebLogic button in the Eclipse tool bar.
Now, I am stuck. I cannot stop the WebLogic from within the Eclipse. What should I do?
Joined: Oct 10, 2000
Hmmm, that readme says the stop options should be there.