This week's book giveaway is in the Mac OS forum. We're giving away four copies of a choice of "Take Control of Upgrading to Yosemite" or "Take Control of Automating Your Mac" and have Joe Kissell on-line! See this thread for details.
I created a web-app with JSF framework initially and got it successfully running on Tomcat 5.5.9. The jsf related jars used here were - jsf-api.jar and jsf-impl.jar. Later the same application I tried converting into a Portlet by including the portlet.xml and making modification to web.xml. Replaced the above jars with myfaces-1.0.9.jar and myfaces-jsf-api-1.0.9.jar to have the JSf-portlet bridging done. This I then deployed on to JetSpeed 2 and after some trials could get it running successfully.
Now the same war file (with modification in web.xml to remove entry specific to JetSpeed) when deployed on to Weblogic 8 is giving me the following exception -
java.lang.ClassCastException at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.setupResponseWriter(UIComponentTag.java:641) at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doStartTag(UIComponentTag.java:244) at org.apache.myfaces.taglib.core.ViewTag.doStartTag
My app web.xml looks like this when it is a simple JSF web-app.
Since the application appearntly works in other containers, I'd venture to guess this is more of a Weblogic guru question. As such, I am going to move this to the Weblogic forum so those guys and gals can have a crack at it.