I'm currently deploying a web application module. I'm using WEBLOGIC 8.1 SP2. The application is structured in a war file. In the WEB-INF/lib directory of the war file, there are some external jar's. When I deploy the war everything works fine until I enter the page that uses the external jar's. Then I receive a noclassdeffounderror. The class that cannot be found is a class that's part of the jar located in the WEB-INF/lib directory of the war. I tried to use a MANIFEST.MF file (located in META-INF in the war) and adding the Class-Path parameter here to load the external jar's.
This is my MANIFEST.MF file: Manifest-Version: 1.0 Created-By: 1.3.1_03 (Sun Microsystems Inc.) Class-Path: client.jar entbase.jar entssl.jar
Maybe the jar's location is not correct (it should be lib/clinet.jar for example)...
The same ware works fine when I use tomcat. When I put the external jar's in the weblogic server/lib dir and add these jar's to the classpath in the startWebLogic.cmd script, everything works fine too. But that's not a good solution, I want weblogic to detect the jar's that are present within the WEB-INF/lib directory of my war file.