This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
I have deployed the application using weblogic 7.1 successfully and is running but when i deployed the application in weblogic 8.1 and entered the url http://localhost:7001/home.htm in the browser i got the following error. Is it a version compatibility problem. ?
Error 404--Not Found From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1: 10.4.5 404 Not Found The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.
If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.
Steps that i have followed for deployment are :
1. Start the server
2. Opened the server console
3. Created a connection pool with the following properties Name->demoPool URL->jdbc dbc:auction Driver Classname->sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver Properties->user = auction password = auction
4. Created a datasource with name auctionDataSource and with the following properties Name->auctionDataSource JNDI Name->auctionDataSource Pool Name->demoPool
5. Copied ESaleE.ear(My project ear file) file, which is successfully deployed, in the applications folder of the server
6. Copied the JSP and Html files into the domain's DefaultWebApp folder
7. In the explorer typed the following address "http://localhost:7001/home.htm"