This week's giveaway is in the EJB and other Java EE Technologies forum. We're giving away four copies of EJB 3 in Action and have Debu Panda, Reza Rahman, Ryan Cuprak, and Michael Remijan on-line! See this thread for details.
I'm upgrading from Weblogic 8.1.2 to Weblogic Server 9.2. From the reading around that I've done I was under the impression that I should be able to take a WAR file that runs on Weblogic 8.1.2 (no Weblogic specific APIs in use in code) and deploy it on to 9.2. Our application uses its own JAAS authentication modele which is configured in a jaas.config file which is in the WEB-INF\classes directory of the deployed war file. When deployed and run on Weblogic 8.1.2 this ran fine as the file was picked up off the war classpath. However, this does not seem to be the case when run in 9.2. The application runs fine but when it receives any requests the requests fail the server output logs: <BEA-101020> <[weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext@3602ca - appName: 'Garage', name: 'Garage', context-path: '/Garage'] Servlet failed with Exception java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Configuration was registered that can handle the configuration named TA_PD
TA_PD is configured in the jaas.config. I can of course get this working if I add -Djava.security.auth.login.config=%BEA_HOME%\user_projects\security\jaas.config to the weblogic server when starting it up but this is really the approach that I want to take as this effects all applications deployed in the domain.
My real question is,can anybody explain why this is no longer working in 9.2 when it worked fine 8.1.2?
hi, i am also facing the same issue. can you provide me a pointer to solve this issue out?
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Just FYI BEA CR for this CR296354. The workaround that we're using until this is fixed (and I suspect that the more people who mention that this is a problem to BEA then the sooner this will occur) is to modify my startWeblogic.cmd (or startManagedWeblogic.cmd if in a cluster) and add the line: set JAVA_OPTIONS=%JAVA_OPTIONS% -Djava.security.auth.login.config=<pathto>\jaas.config
The path isn't in to the installed application itself. Instead I made a new directory, for eg in %BEA_HOME%\stuff and I placed the jaas.config in there.
With the change above the JVM is started being told where to pick up the jaas.config. The drawback is that it affects all applications run in that domain/server but I don't see this as a huge issue.