I have developed an application for my client using Tomcat Server in my local machine. Its execution in my local machine is up to the mark. But in my client machine the server is the BEA Weblogic portal. And when i sent them the application the application is not working. Can you please tell me what next should I do or what changes should I recommend to my client. But the problem is that my client wont be changing his server to Tomcat and neither will I change my server to BEA Weblogic. Please advice
Create a standard J2EE directory structure and make war file and send to client.
But also do some research like do you need to add any weblogic specific xml file in that war under WEB-INF. If yes then either add yourself somehow or tell client to get it added. but any how you to test the same before sending to client.
Suggest take a evaluation copy of BEA and test the same.
If you're following the servlet/jsp specifications, there should not be any problems to port an application from one container to another. Unless you've used some container specific settings. What kind of error do you have ?
The first thing I would do is check to see what version of the JSP and servlet spec the new container supports and then make sure it matches the version of Tomcat you're using.
The latest versions of Tomcat tend to way ahead of most commercial containers when it comes to supporting the newer specs.
Also "..the application is not working." is a useless statement in a web forum. In order for anyone here to help you, you need to be able to tell us exactly what isn't working. Find out where the logs are in your container, figure out if and how the log levels can be increased to display the maximum amount of information, and then, if you don't understand what is in the logs, post the relevant sections so someone who might can take a look and possibly give you some advice.