This week's giveaway is in the EJB and other Java EE Technologies forum.
We're giving away four copies of EJB 3 in Action and have Debu Panda, Reza Rahman, Ryan Cuprak, and Michael Remijan on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes BEA/Weblogic and the fly likes -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8  does not work in Weblogic 10 Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of EJB 3 in Action this week in the EJB and other Java EE Technologies forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Products » BEA/Weblogic
Bookmark "-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8  does not work in Weblogic 10" Watch "-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8  does not work in Weblogic 10" New topic
Author

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 does not work in Weblogic 10

Ravi Vanamala
Greenhorn

Joined: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 16

Hi Mates,

We were using Weblogic 8.1 (JDK1.4) and had a webservice deployed. Our client wanted the data sent in UTF-8 format, so we set a up a JVM parameter -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 in the server startup script. We tried the same thing when we upgraded to Weblogic 10 (JDK 1.5), but the encoding does not work. Is there a new parameter that should be set. Could you please help me out in this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi
Andrejs Dasko
Greenhorn

Joined: Feb 01, 2013
Posts: 1
I believe WebLogic accepts utf8, not utf-8. Dash is not allowed. I do not have the resource I read it in, but if anyone has the same problem, you can give it a shot.
Matt Cartwright
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 25, 2008
Posts: 149

JAVA_OPTIONS="$JAVA_OPTIONS -Dfile.encoding=utf8"
should go in your setDomainEnv.sh file because that is sourced by all other lifecycle scripts.
When using NodeManager, make sure it is configured to use scripts.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 does not work in Weblogic 10
 
Similar Threads
WebLogic 8.1 -UTF8
URIENcoding in server.xml not working in IE6
Best practise for setting character encoding
Encoding in Java file
Weblogic Webservice UTF-8 Illegal ASCII Character