Hi, I downloaded JasperReport and deployed the sample webapps (JasperReportLetter) to websphere 4.0.3. I test it in IE5.5 and IE5.5 will display the result pdf in it's source code format, not triggering the Acrobat Reader plugin. I put the same webapps to Tomcat 4.0.4, and use same IE5.5 browser to test it. This time it pop up the "File download" dialog, and I can save it to a file. Why's that? Here is the source code from JaspeReport (letter.jsp): <%@ page errorPage="jasperError.jsp" %> <%@ page import="dori.jasper.engine.*" %> <%@ page import="java.util.*" %> <%@ page import="java.io.*" %> <%@ page import="java.sql.*" %> <%@ page import="java.awt.*" %> <% File reportFile = new File(application.getRealPath("/JasperReportsLetter.jasper")); Map parameters = new HashMap(); parameters.put("ReportTitle", "JasperReports Project Description"); parameters.put("BaseDir", reportFile.getParentFile());
byte bytes = JasperRunManager.runReportToPdf( reportFile.getPath(), parameters, new JREmptyDataSource() );
This might be a JSP-compiler issue, but if you're having blank lines, spaces or whatever before your actual response.setContentType(...) these characters get written before the content-type is set, and thats not good. My guess is that Tomcat and WebSphere compiles JSP:s diferently and thus the same JSP code produces different behaviours. Try removing all linebreaks and so on between your import-statements and code-snipplets.
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com