aspose file tools*
The moose likes Websphere and the fly likes load balancing Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Products » Websphere
Bookmark "load balancing" Watch "load balancing" New topic
Author

load balancing

manasa teja
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 27, 2002
Posts: 325
How load balancing is done in WAS
?


MT
vikasids sharma
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 01, 2003
Posts: 157
load balancing is something done in a propertiery way.
WAS as such does not provide any way for how does it goes for load balancing.
Load balancing is implemented by home object of EJB(which is implementation of class created by WAS itself)
Originally posted by M K Raman:
How load balancing is done in WAS
?


Thanks
Vikas Sharma
SCJP(1.4)
Benny Thomas
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 13, 2003
Posts: 44
I thought load balancing was done either by Vertical and or Horizontal clustering...
What do others think?


IBM Certified System Administrator - Websphere Application Server 5
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Can some one paste the link to the load balancing algorithms IN WEBSPhere?


Groovy
manasa teja
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 27, 2002
Posts: 325
Originally posted by Benny Thomas:
I thought load balancing was done either by Vertical and or Horizontal clustering...
What do others think?


Cld anyon please explain me , what is meant by Vertical and horizantal clustering...
Benny Thomas
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 13, 2003
Posts: 44
Well...Horizontal clustering exists when members of an application server cluster are located across multiple physical machines.
Vertical clustering occurs when members of an application server cluster are located on the same physical machine.
You can have a combination of both too...
Originally posted by M K Raman:


Cld anyon please explain me , what is meant by Vertical and horizantal clustering...

[ October 06, 2003: Message edited by: Benny Thomas ]
vikasids sharma
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 01, 2003
Posts: 157
No doubt load balancing is achieved by horizontal or vertical clustering.
But its the home object factory that implements or create instance(ejb object) at one of the servers in a cluster(in case of horizontal clustering).About vertical clustering i still needs to study...
Will back to you .
Originally posted by Benny Thomas:
I thought load balancing was done either by Vertical and or Horizontal clustering...
What do others think?
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

You are right about clustering but what about load balancing methods? what are the algorithms used?
Originally posted by Benny Thomas:
Well...Horizontal clustering exists when members of an application server cluster are located across multiple physical machines.
Vertical clustering occurs when members of an application server cluster are located on the same physical machine.
You can have a combination of both too...

[ October 06, 2003: Message edited by: Benny Thomas ]
 
 
subject: load balancing