wood burning stoves
The moose likes Websphere and the fly likes ClassNotFoundException on WAS Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide this week in the OCAJP 8 forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Products » Websphere
Bookmark "ClassNotFoundException on WAS" Watch "ClassNotFoundException on WAS" New topic

ClassNotFoundException on WAS

robert robichet

Joined: Jun 27, 2005
Posts: 1

My app is on a WebSphere Application Server Base, AIX

The probleme is: everything works fine (during one week, one day or one hour) until I get a ClassNotFoundException.

My application tries to load classes with a Class.forName(className)
instruction every time it gets an XML message (the XML message contains the string className).
All the classes of my app are in a jar (in the WEB-INF/lib folder of my ear).

Most of the Class.forName are successful, but some failed I dont know why.
I traced all the package com.ibm.ws.classloader, check the classloading in
verbose mode but I cannot resolve the problem.

When I restart the server, all is normal until a ClassNotFoundException on a random (never the same class) class appears.

Here is the trace.log:

[6/24/05 11:49:43:487 CEST] 3c30e3a2 > UOW= source=com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader org=IBM prod=WebSphere component=Application Server
loadClass name=com.ingdirect.afp.util.xmlmapper.ReqGetMessagesByCifXMLMapper this=com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader@258463a4
[6/24/05 11:49:43:488 CEST] 3c30e3a2 > UOW= source=com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader org=IBM prod=WebSphere component=Application Server
findClass name=com.ingdirect.afp.util.xmlmapper.ReqGetMessagesByCifXMLMapper this=com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader@258463a4
[6/24/05 11:49:43:489 CEST] 3c30e3a2 R UOW= source=SystemErr org=IBM prod=WebSphere component=Application Server

*** 2005/06/24 11:49:43.488: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ingdirect.afp.util.xmlmapper.ReqGetMessagesByCifXMLMapper
at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.findClass(CompoundClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ingdirect.afp.util.xmlmapper.MessageHeaderXMLMapper.createMessageBody(MessageHeaderXMLMapper.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ingdirect.afp.util.xmlmapper.MessageXMLMapper.startElement(MessageXMLMapper.java(Compiled Code))
at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.startElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.ingdirect.afp.util.xmlmapper.MessageXMLMapper.parse(MessageXMLMapper.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ingdirect.afp.mq.server.MQXMLCommand.handleClientRequest(MQXMLCommand.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ingdirect.afp.mq.server.MQServerListener.run(MQServerListener.java(Compiled Code))

thanks for help
Claude Moore
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 24, 2005
Posts: 702

Try and replace your JAR from WEB-INF/lib into WAS's classpath. I've experienced similar problems with WAS 5.0, even if in my case the problem was about marshaling and not classpath...

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
subject: ClassNotFoundException on WAS
It's not a secret anymore!