Can anybody tell me which version of WSAD works with JDK1.4? I am using WSAD 5.1.0 and I was able to change the JRE to 1.4 by going in to Windows->Preferece->Installed JRE. But that will work only at compiler level. Still if I start my local WSAD server, it says its using JRE1.3.1_02. I found some posting saying I can not change it. So, now if I want to upgrade to newer version, will WSAD 5.1.2 work?
Steps to change WSAD5.1.1 environment to point jdk 1.4.1
1) Open Windows Compiler� Java � Preferences � Select the Compliance and Classifies tab, and set the Compiler compliance level to 1.4
�2) Then select the Java Installed JREs Select the last checkbox in the list of Installed JREs. (Selected VM's location should be C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\Application Developer\v5.1.1\runtimes\base_v51\java\jre)
Then Click �OK'
Preferences and select the J2EE�3) Open the Windows tab. On the Server Targeting Support Pane, Select the Enable server targeting Support radio button.
Then Click �Apply' and �OK'
4) Change the workspace to J2EE perspective. Under Enterprise Applications, right click your EAR file and select �TargetServer Modify
5) On Modify Target Server Window, select the Windows Application Server v5.1 from the dropdown and click �OK'
6) Under Enterprise Applications, right click your EAR file and �select TargetServer Synchronize.
7) And Click �OK'
8) Delete the existing deployed code in your EJB projects, which are under the EAR project.
9) Rebuild all the projects and Re-Generate the RMIC code for EJB projects. 10) Start the server. This shouldn't give any errors while starting up.
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com