File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
The moose likes Websphere and the fly likes Thread Hung Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of Soft Skills this week in the Jobs Discussion forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Products » Websphere
Bookmark "Thread Hung" Watch "Thread Hung" New topic
Author

Thread Hung

deepak bagdiya
Greenhorn

I am getting following msg when running a web app in RAD 6 ,WAS 6 in debug mode:

00000021 ThreadMonitor W WSVR0605W: Thread "WebContainer : 2" (0000002a) has been active for 699416 milliseconds and may be hung. There is/are 1 thread(s) in total in the server that may be hung.

Please Advice.

Thanks,
Deepak
[ September 13, 2007: Message edited by: deepak bagdiya ]
Merrill Higginson
Ranch Hand

You can usually ignore this message when you're debugging. All it's telling you is that the thread is taking an awfully long time to complete. If you've got it stopped at a breakpoint while you look at variables, you know very well why it's taking a long time to complete

Merrill
Consultant, Sima Solutions
deepak bagdiya
Greenhorn

Please suggest how do I proceed while debugging,because when the thread is hung I have to kill the current debug session and next time when I start debugging again same thing is happening even if i don't spend any time watching varable and just keep using step in.

Thanks,
Deepak
[ September 14, 2007: Message edited by: deepak bagdiya ]
[ September 14, 2007: Message edited by: deepak bagdiya ]
Merrill Higginson
Ranch Hand

You will note that the message says the thread may be hung, not that it is hung. In this case it isn't really hung. It' just taking longer than usual because you're using the debugger.
david lightman
Ranch Hand

just go into the connection settings and raise the connection timeout interval in the admin console and restart. That way you can take all the time you want while debugging

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: Thread Hung