This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
i hahave problem ri=unning iplanet/tomcat using ajp13. below is the exception i get. any input is highly apreciated. ServerLifecycleListener: createMBeans: MBeanException java.lang.Exception: ManagedBean is not found with Ajp13Connector at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanUtils.createMBean(MBeanUtils.java:225 ) at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(Serve rLifecycleListener.java:369) at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(Serve rLifecycleListener.java:777) at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(Serve rLifecycleListener.java:751) at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(Serve rLifecycleListener.java:339) at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(Ser verLifecycleListener.java:206) at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl eSupport.java:166)
Adam, have you solved this problem? I can't give you a solution but can provide more information. Evidently there's a ManagedBean set up for each "managed object" in Catalina (e.g. Valves, Realms, etc.). See http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/catalina/funcspecs/mbean-names.html. I ran into this issue when setting up a new Realm. Evidently all the information listed on the page referenced above comes from an xml file located at org\apache\catalina\mbeans\mbeans-descriptors.xml. (I found it by following that stack trace. It's read by org\apache\catalina\mbeans\MBeanUtils.java, if you have the source.) What I did was to modify this file, and save it as TOMCAT_HOME\server\classes\org\apache\catalina\mbeans\mbeans-descriptors.xml, so it gets "found" in the classpath before the one in catalina.jar. I just modeled my entry on a similar class. My hunch is that this is used to define/pass parameters from server.xml and web.xml. However, there must be a more elegant way to handle this! It was certainly not an issue in 4.0. :roll:
I know this is an old post, but if you still remember, can you guide me on what parameters I should be modifying. It seems like a hell lot of data and its hard to figure it out.
Joined: Dec 19, 2000
Unfortunately this was a long time ago and I don't work in the Tomcat environment any more. To make matters worse, I don't even have that source code. I'll tell you what I remember:
I was created a Tomcat Realm, so that I could custom-configure my security settings in the server.xml file. The mbeans-descriptors.xml file defines that inerface. What I did was to take the out-of-the-box mbeans-descriptors.xml and adding my class to it. Because my class was an extension of the Realm class, I took the descriptor for the Realm, extended it, and added a new entry.
Then it was a matter of where to put the class so that tomcat would "see" it, and pick it up BEFORE the original mbeans-descriptors.xml.
I did that as described above.
Good luck, and sorry I don't have more details...
Joined: Mar 29, 2005
Thanks a lot You've done enough. But I think my problem is a bit different. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me thought.