File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
A friendly place for programming greenhorns!
Big Moose Saloon
Register / Login
LOG4J with Tomacat on Eclipse
Joined: Dec 13, 2002
Sep 19, 2004 20:59:00
How can I configure LOG4J with
. I assume I need to set system property log4j.configuration=<my log4j xml file>. But where should I do it.
1) Eclipse does not have any place to set it up.
2) Do I need to modify catalina.bat or start.bat file to pass in this system property.
3) Any good to read article on it.
Please let me know. Any plug in to set it up will also help.
Eelco den Heijer
Joined: Jan 17, 2002
Sep 22, 2004 06:33:00
I figured this out for TC5:
- copy log4j.jar and commons-logging.jar to $CATALINE_HOME/common/lib
- copy your log4j.properties (or xml) to $CATALINE_HOME/common/classes
restart tomcat, et voila.
It's very annoying this "log4j does not work on tomcat" issue, especially
since the 'official' tomcat documentation on this topic is wrong
== <br />Rgrds,<br />Eelco<br /> <br />SCJP, SCJD, SCBCD, SCWD, SCEA
I agree. Here's the link:
subject: LOG4J with Tomacat on Eclipse
log4j language problem
log to differnt files
Log4j-DailyRollingFileAppender not woking with Websphere Application Server 6.1
Help! I am getting strange and unusual Eclipse Warnings
All times are in JavaRanch time: GMT-6 in summer, GMT-7 in winter
| Powered by
Copyright © 1998-2014