This week's book giveaways are in the Refactoring and Agile forums.
We're giving away four copies each of Re-engineering Legacy Software and Docker in Action and have the authors on-line!
See this thread and this one for details.
Win a copy of Re-engineering Legacy Software this week in the Refactoring forum
or Docker in Action in the Cloud/Virtualization forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

When have this web.xml file directory is "unavailable"

 
Mike Parker
Greenhorn
Posts: 18
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi, I have been attempting to get the listener class attribute to work for days now, and in the process upgraded to tomcat 5.5. I have made a directory, with a jsp page in it for testing my the listener servlet. When I add a web.xml page, to the directory/WEB-INF , I get an error when I try to access the directory through my browser "the directory is not available." So, something in the web.xml page must be very troublesome to the tomcat process.

Here is the web.xml page: can anyone see where I am going wrong?

-Much thanks, Mike
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 9838
103
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Mike Parker:

Here is the web.xml page: can anyone see where I am going wrong?

-Much thanks, Mike


Did you forget to add web.xml, because i don't see any
 
William Brogden
Author and all-around good cowpoke
Rancher
Posts: 13056
6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Most likely cause is a parsing error - that should show up in a log file.
Bill
 
Mike Parker
Greenhorn
Posts: 18
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks, guys.

It was a parsing issue that I was able to fix after looking at my log ( thanks a million for suggesting what is obvious--I needed that.)

Apparently, having "encoding = ISO-8859-1" appended to my xml version tag did not sit well with tomcat 5.5.

I am in business now-- looks like even my listening class works !!

Much gracious, again.

Mike
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic