also still having problem with servlets. i uncommented the invoker servlet. here is new directory structure: G:\Program Files\Tomcat\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\ROOT\main\WEB-INF\classes i had two index.html in app is why i needed subdirectory(changing filename would involve rewriting app which i dont want to do). i copied the web.xml file from ROOT\WEB-INF to new folder main\WEB-INF(perhaps that was a mistake). the servlets are in the classes folder. i call the first one like this: <form action="/main/servlet/MyCookieServlet" method="get"> from index.html in ROOT folder. i get this message:
HTTP Status 404 - /main/servlet/MyCookieServlet
type Status report
description The requested resource (/main/servlet/MyCookieServlet) is not available. [ June 17, 2005: Message edited by: Randall Twede ]
i think i see the problem with the servlets but not sure how to fix it, other than finding where i call the second index.html and changing it so i can change that filename, im not even sure if i called it from a servlet or a static page. my directory structure is wrong, i should only have one WEB-INF under ROOT and classes folder should be under that.
yeah i found it and it is a static page i can just change the name and get everything in ROOT folder. that should fix the servlet problem.
i have no clue why i am getting the connection refused error though
this is ridiculous!!! the invoker is uncommented my directory now looks like this: G:\Program Files\Tomcat\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes all static pages and JSP's are in ROOT folder all servlets are in classes folder i call the first servlet like this <form action="/servlet/MyCookieServlet" method="get"> and it still doesnt work!!!
and even if i finally get this working i still have to figure out where to put database file or rewrite that servlet [ June 17, 2005: Message edited by: Randall Twede ]
Tomcat 5.5x requires jdk1.5.0 or higher unless you intall the compat packages. If you have jdk1.5.0 or better and Tocmat is running, try dropping one of my war files in the webapps directory. Tomcat will unpack and deploy the application for you.
Once you've done that, you'll have a working app with a proper directory structure and a web.xml file that contains mappings for all the servlets.
apparently the invoker wont work even if you uncomment it.
i tried mapping that one servlet and it threw an exception because it tried to call ServletUtilities.class. i hadnt even copied that one to the folder because i didnt think it was part of my app(its been 5 years). i guess ill have to map all of them.
i still have no clue why i cant connect through the domain i have no problem connecting with my ftp server through the domain
and yes i just got 1.5 i think maybe that is why both my browsers suddenly cant find the jvm to run applets but im not sure
at least the servlet problem is resolved now
looks like i am going to have to edit and recompile some of my servlets after all because of changed directory structure java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\webapps\examples\ScreenNames.txt of course you couldnt find it, it is now \webapps\ROOT\ScreenNames.txt
[ June 17, 2005: Message edited by: Randall Twede ] [ June 17, 2005: Message edited by: Randall Twede ]
there must be something i have to edit in one of the files probly ServerName in old Apache i edited that in httpd.conf in new Apache it asked for it on install [ June 18, 2005: Message edited by: Randall Twede ]