File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
A friendly place for programming greenhorns!
Big Moose Saloon
Register / Login
setting apache Tomcat server
Joined: Oct 10, 2005
Jun 23, 2006 02:41:00
am new in using
and am finding it hard to install and run the apache
server.pls show how to install and what to do.
Joined: Sep 28, 2005
Jun 23, 2006 03:52:00
Oghene you should do the following
1. go to apaches site and download apache tomcat 5.0.28..the exe file for windows
2. install it on your computer
3. make sure that uve installed jdk 1.4 or higher
4. go to control panel...systems...advanced.....then click environmental variables
5. click on new variable and type JAVA_HOME then point its value to the jdk on ur computer
6. Click on new again and type TOMCAT_HOME and point it to the tomcat folder on ur computer. Since i dont like stress i usually domp the jdk folder and the tomcat folder in my c drive
7. Click on start..programs...apache...monitor tomcat
The icon will appear on the bottom of the screen.
8. Right click and start.
Note that all ur jsp projects should go into the webapps folder of the tomcat folder.
And if u dont want to go mad use an IDE like netbeans or borland JBuilder.
Feel free to ask anymore questions.
"Human beings can alter their lives by altering their state of mind" William James
Joined: Aug 15, 2004
Jun 23, 2006 04:59:00
Better be asked in
Author and ninkuma
Joined: Jan 10, 2002
Jun 23, 2006 09:01:00
"oghenekaro EFEKODO", please do everybody's eyes a favor and modify your display name to use mixed case like everyone else. The all uppercase is jarring and distracting.
Asking smart questions
Books by Bear
I agree. Here's the link:
subject: setting apache Tomcat server
how to install apache tomcat 5.5
Mutiple Instances of a server
java_home not set
Tomcat:Works fine with localhost but not with ip
Which Web Server?
All times are in JavaRanch time: GMT-6 in summer, GMT-7 in winter
| Powered by
Copyright © 1998-2015